Saturday, February 14, 2009

Thoughts I've Been Saving (All Day)...

**Original posting on Live Journal on January 20, 2009**

Truthfully, my first post was something I was conjuring up in my head as I ran yesterday. (Told you it was a good run!) Yeah, I'm weird like that; must be the planner in me. This entry is my (real) entry for January 20, 2009.

How could the day go by without me not mentioning this historic day, the inauguration of our first African American president?

I'm doing it bullet style. Here are thoughts I've been saving all day:
  • I'm still very much overwhelmed. I hardly can believe that change is here. As I listened to his swearing in and speech in the conference room with my like-minded co-workers, I teared. I'm excited that our nation has progressed, and together we will help create the change we want in our nation. I have the utmost faith in Barak Obama.
  • While I love Charlie Gibson and Diane Sawyer, their commentating (for lack of a better word) during the inauguration events was not their finest. I guess it's hard to find filler for moments that need no commentating. So, why didn't they just let the picture speak for itself?
  • How old did Dick Cheney look in that wheelchair? I bet it was debilitating and not the way he wanted to go out, so to speak.
  • I loved how coffee shops, restaurants, bars and the like had their televisions on to the inauguration events.
  • I was emotional all day. A little kid waved at me on my way to lunch. My sister's BlackBerry message. My bad hair day turned good hair day by mid-afternoon. Seeing someone on Gmail chat. A long email from a friend. Delicious Chinese food. A short walk with my co-worker. Barak and Michelle's first dance to "At Last" sung by Beyonce. A short conversation. All brought this pang of emotion, and some brought tears in my eye ducts.
  • Through the hours of inauguration highlights during the evening, I was not only thinking of our nation's new president and the huge task he has before him, but of the huge changes that I've been through these past two months...and what lies ahead for me.
  • Missing him everyday...

1 comment: