Saturday, February 14, 2009

Writing a Little Everyday

**Original posting on Live Journal on January 23, 2009**

I promised myself that I would write a little something everyday. I'm prefacing this entry by saying that this is a writing exercise that was introduced to me. I haven't tried it before, but it sounded really intriguing, and hey, I'll try anything once! (Part of my risk taking new year's resolution, I suppose...) You think of a word. And you go with it and write about it. The word I choose is LOVE.

Photo credit: Pink Sherbet Photography

I'm being dramatic, right? I could have chosen a more uncommon and esoteric word like egg (my coworker's example) or lake or dress or even family. But here I go with my choice: love.

Until late, I was convinced I knew, I lived amongst and I breathed love. And just like that, I wasn't. The thing is, love changes and evolves; goes through ups and downs, and ultimately exists in the everyday. The honeymoon stage, or the highs that exist early on in relationships turn into love for the the individual as a person, friendship, respect, and admiration. This is the type of love that lasts, and what I believe the type of love I had, knew, lived amongst and breathed...

No comments:

Post a Comment